Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Women's Conference

I flew up to Utah with Cassie last week for women's conference.  It was fun and inspirational.  I was afraid of going and feeling overwhelmed, like I don't measure up.  Totally didn't.  Instead I felt inspired by the talks, hearing words I've needed to hear for a while now.  Also I was so inspired by my AMAZING sister in laws, they each have so many talents I really admire and they are FUN.  Here I am with 4 of them, the other 5 are equally amazing! 
Tanya, Jolayne, Cassidy, Christa & me
Dinner at Los Hermanos
Jolayne's softball game

The creamery-  where you can find the best cookies n cream on earth.
Playing with Isaac & Malia
Darling Isaac & Malia in a darling bakery, Sweet Tooth Fairy.  I have been craving these cookies since the moment I left this shop.
Morning walk at Temple square before church, beautiful.
Some of my favorite moments of this trip were: the class on grief, the class on eternal priorities, Christa leaking her water out of her mouth onto her food at Los Hermanos ( I don't even remember what was funny, just that my stomach hurt from laughing so hard watching her water her food), going to Jolayne's softball game although I was very nervous to go- so afraid we would embarrass her but it ended up being so fun, waking up in the hotel and watching the royal wedding, practicing kart-wheels with Malia, Isaac telling me he'll always take care of me, Isaac being my Dr. and putting his scope down my throat, Isaac taking us to the beach and using his legs as our seatbelt, and Isaac saying my hair looked like poop- I am in love with these kids, being shown through Cassie that revelation is real if we seek it and believe, missing my family so much- I felt like I was away for a month, coming home and LOVING every second of getting to be Shep, Meda & Bear's mama.
My favorite quote I heard during conference by President Hinckley.......
“Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain.”